вторник, 4 август 2015 г.

How the Wolf Lost Her Heart by Sarah Brownlee

I got the book free of charge from the author in exchange of an honest review.
The following review contains spoilers.

Rating 8 of 10

3 rereads. What to say? I loved the book. Will probably read it again sometime. The story is set in a future, dystopian London.I loved the way the world is build but have loved it more if I have seen a bit more prehistory. What led London to the condition we find it in? But I loved we actually got an explanation how morphers got their abilities. 
Skye is very likable heroine in my opinion. She is stubborn, she is insecure but she is also strong and knows what she wants. Did I mentioned she is also smart? True, sometimes she acts in the heat of the moment and against her better judgement but who doesn't? She is also too quick to judge without bothering to learn all the facts. As someone who does the same mistake - I can relate. Only I didn't get why her animal is a wolf. What made her a wolf and not a bear for example?
Raphael is sweet... and clueless  I found him fun to read about. The love story between him and Skye was a bit predictable but it wasn't an instant love and I enjoyed it. I also loved to see Raphael's connection to his father. These father-son moments were some of the best parts of the book for me.
Daphne... I didn't like Daphne. Women who just have to be with someone for the sake of having a man on their side are not someone I would respect. But she was believable and she fit, so I guess it's okay she is not really my idea of a best friend. 
I can't wait to see what it to follow. The book raised a lot of questions and absolutely triggered my curiosity for the next one to no end. It is also pretty easy to read and goes well lazy Sunday afternoons.  

Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар