събота, 5 октомври 2013 г.

A Voice In The Night by Dana Smythe

I got the e-book free in exchange for a honest review( Lovers of Paranormal)
The review may contain spoilers.



Rating: 7 of 10



I really liked the idea of the book. The ghost story was actually original and interesting. Liked the idea for the vampires too. Still in the end I was left with the taste of something missing.



So...
I actually liked Marci pretty much. She was pretty much a believable character in my opinion. Maybe just a bit not curious enough.
Morland is definitely my favorite. One-handed, one-hundred-and-fifty-years old ghost who likes to help people, what's not to love? :) And I really like the idea of him making contact with pictures on a cell phone.
Franklin, I admit, still remains a bit of a mystery for me and I haven't decided if I really like him. I suppose I do... at least a little. 
Arkos, thought, disapointed me a bit. I figured quite early that he is actually The Collector(the moment it was mentioned really). First, of course, was the very distinguishable hint from the author that he is a vampire. Second, from where The Collector have heard of Marci and her abilities? It's not like so many people knew about them, is it? Maybe my disapointment came mostly from the fact that Marci never actually asked herself that. Thought I would have really liked it better if it wasn't so obvious who it is.
Another thing that bugged me was that Solaric thing. The story line was sort of droped in out of nowhere and then droped out. Why Marci wasn't more persistent to know who they were and what Morlands and Franklin were so interested in? And what were these plant things?



Overall, very intersting book. Read it in one sitting - it kept my attention and it didn't bored me or annoyed me. Way too many loose ends thought. Still it's only book 1 from a trilogy so I guess the next 2 books will fill in the blanks.

Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар