четвъртък, 10 октомври 2013 г.

The Thirst Within by Johi Jenkins

I got the e-book free in exchange for a honest review(Lovers of Paranormal).
The review may contain spoilers.

Rating 9 of 10

I really loved that book. We have Tori, a 17-years-old modern Cinderella and two hot vampires. 
First I will start with the only problem I have with the book and it's the synopsis: "Determined to find the truth, Tori will find herself torn between two very different but gorgeous vampires..." That sentence sorts of spoils the fun a bit as it hints for love triange and in the book we actually didn't see Tori develop any kind of attraction for Corbin till the last 20 pages or so. Would have been great if I haven't been expecting it.

Now about Tori. I admit that she may become one of my favorite female main characters. She is smart, she is fun and I really loved the fact that she didn't get depressed over Thierry leaving and at least tryed to move on and give John a chance. It's not that it worked out but she at least took a chance. The sneaking in Thierry's home thought was a bit too daring.

I don't have much to say about Thierry - he is the perfect boyfriend - sweet, caring, just perfect, except that he is a vampire. :) Or maybe that makes him even more perfect. And if in the synopis is mentioned Tori beeing torn between the two(mentioned above), in this book I think Thierry is the one who is most torn, not her.

And finally I will have to admit that Corbin sort of grew on me. I know that we didn't really saw much of him in that book but I still somehow managed to fell for him. I wonder if he was the one to save Tori from the fire....

One last confesion - I hate cliffhangers, they make me bite my nail in anticipation for the next book. I really hope we will get to see it published soon.

Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар